Microvellum Sets Date for Extruded Product Builder Beta 2 Release
Central Point, Oregon – May 20 , 2016 – Microvellum Inc., a leading design to manufacturing software provider, specializing in AutoCAD and Blender based CAD/CAM/CIM technologies, today announced that’s it’s new Extruded Product Builder Technology is advancing to Private Beta 2 status on Thursday, May 26 , 2016.
What is Extruded Product Builder?
Extruded Product Builder is a visual design and engineering tool developed to allow users to easily build custom nurses stations, bench seating, kitchen bars, hotel reception areas or other custom diewall projects.
At Microvellum’s recent TechCon event, Microvellum’s Development team had the opportunity to unveil the latest beta release to it’s attendees and benefited by listening to unique perspectives and real-world project scenarios The weeks following the event, Microvellum’s Development team continued to innovate and further refine Extruded Product Builder.See It In Action
Here is how a Beta user in Illinois recently reacted when asked about the time savings he’s experienced with Extruded Product Builder “I know how much time it takes to get from architectural drawings to the shop. Today, I was able to test one extrusion from scratch, a simple 8′ wall and top. It took me about 10 minutes to make the profile and about 90 seconds to extrude it. I don’t think you over-there at Microvellum understand just how much time and money this is going to save the end user.”
He continued “…I’d say after I master EPB, I’m seeing a time savings of 80-90% time from start to finish. I have on some projects taken 8 to 10 hours to do what I can build in EPB in minutes. It’s also much easier to make mistakes doing things the old way. Seriously? This is cutting edge! I know of nothing out there that can do this, nothing.”
Here are some of the latest enhancements to Extruded Product Builder:
- Refined user interface – improvements made to the user interface to simplify workflow
- Support for muiltiple part selection in profiles – filters out parts that have been add to the product and 3D views.
- Support for multiple vertical entities in products
- Support for Nesting of curved, tapered parts like skins on diewalls and odd shaped products.
- Automatically clean “dirty” or poorly drawn geometry in profiles
- Support for products that don’t contain vertical entities
- Refined ability to automatically place studs at joints – Single Stud at Joint, Double Stud at Joint, Cut Back to Last Entity. You can now associate parts to the joint. When vertical entities are moved, the associated parts are updated.
- Restore Product from Construction Path – ability to restore any product that was created with EPB and saved in the drawing. This feature is useful when sharing drawings with other Microvellum users or saving the product “as-is” for continued work at a later time.
- Construction path support for circles and ellipses
Extruded Product Builder is slated for official release this summer. For more information about Extruded Product Builder, visit Microvellum.com or email [email protected]