We have opportunities available for humble, hungry and smart individuals that are looking for a rewarding career in the software sector of wood product manufacturing. We want team players who are ready to collaborate with some of the smartest in our industry. And people that are passionate about making a difference in the lives of woodworkers around the world.
Account Managers are the key point of contact between Microvellum and our prospective clients. They answer inquires, provide advice, and introduce solutions to clients. Their work includes organizing sales visits, demonstrating software, presenting solutions, and managing the sales of new business within their territories.
As an Account Manager, you are part of a team that collaboratively works to grow the community of Microvellum users. Successful Account Managers have a deep understanding of wood product manufacturing processes as well as a seasoned understanding of Microvellum software.
Account Manager, Quebec, Canada
The Microvellum Quebec Territory Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding the customer base in the assigned territory. Ideally, candidates will have a proven track record with the Microvellum product and are capable and comfortable with developing a “trusted advisor” relationship with each customer. It will be necessary to provide evidence of an ability to be proactive in seeking out opportunities within an existing customer base as well as developing and closing new customer business. Candidates we are interested in should enjoy a team-based environment, love to learn, and contribute to the success of our customers.
- Manage the renewal and upselling of products and services to our existing customers in the Territory.
- Respond to inbound leads for new business opportunities as well as create and execute outbound lead generation programs for new customer business in the assigned territory.
- Create, nurture, and close opportunities from start to finish.
- Operate as the day to day primary point of contact in the Territory.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors in each account.
- Maintain complete and accurate customer account record data.
- Develop and maintain an accurate territory business forecast within the CRM system for tracking key sales and existing account metrics.
- Exhibit excellent presentation skills and the ability to engage in small technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Hands-on wood manufacturing industry experience.
- Sales and/or customer success related experience with a technical product or service.
- Ability to articulate the value proposition of technology from both a productivity and profitability perspective.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consultative selling and closing skills or the aptitude to learn these skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to travel within the assigned region as well as to a set number of industry trade shows in North America.
- Fluency with both French and English languages.
Sales Engineers play an important role in ensuring prospective clients gain a clear understanding of how our software can help them. They use their technical skills to explain the benefits of Microvellum products or services to prospective clients.This may include software demonstrations, process documentation, and/or guidance on specific functionality.
Successful Sales Engineers have a seasoned understanding of wood product manufacturing and Microvellum Software.